Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Toy

Some time ago, I received an email advertisement for a gadget which could digitize 35mm slide pictures for use on a computer.  I was immediately intrigued, since for many years both before and after we married, SLIDE pictures were all we took.  So the gizmo was ordered, and arrived just before Thanksgiving.  After the first few pictures were digitized, I was hooked!  That was a bad thing, because I could hardly cook for the holidays... I wanted to see the old pictures that we hadn't seen in so many years!

Lena and Bob-aka Mother and Daddy

A few slides were found in my mother's jewelry box when my sister and I cleared out her house.  She had never had a slide camera, so we were puzzled.  I had discovered, by holding the slide up to a bright light, that it was people, but was not sure who.  You can imagine my shock when the clear bright 50+ year old image I had never seen before was transferred to the computer screen!  Smiling back at me were  Mother, Daddy, Grandmother, Grandaddy, Uncle Moses, and me, at  7 or 8!
Grandmother, Laney, Grandaddy

This is the original slide I cropped to get the other two pictures.
L to R Uncle Moses, Grandmother, me, Grandaddy, 
Mother, and Daddy.
This was taken on Grandmother and Grandaddy's front porch.  

I am sure as I find other treasures on film, I will add them to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment